Even with proper maintenance, wood-shake and asphalt shingle roofs are known to last for only 20 years or so before needing to be replaced. Slate on the other hand is well known to last for hundreds of years with little to no maintenance.
The SlateTec Lightweight Slate Roof System is ideally suited for re-roofing homes with wood-shake and asphalts shingles, here are a few reasons why:
- SlateTec Inc. has created a Lightweight Slate Roof Application that not only looks identical to a traditional slate roof, it also functions equally in regards to life-span.
- Our high quality Vermont S1 Grade Roofing Slate comes with a 100 year warranty directly from the quarry, and we offer a wide variety of natural colors and blends to perfectly match any style home.
- The installation process of a SlateTec Slate Roof is similar to a traditional slate installation in that we use the same time tested ‘nail-down’ technique that’s been used on slate roofs for centuries around the world.
- The key difference between a traditional slate roof and a SlateTec Lightweight Slate Roof is the weight savings.
- A SlateTec Lightweight Slate Roof weighs roughly 40% less than a traditional slate roof yet it retains all of the essential qualities that make slate the best possible option for any roof.
Don’t settle for anything but the best when it comes to your home. Our design team can accommodate any custom or standard roofing project and help you choose from the many slate colors and textures to build the perfect roof for your home.