Leave it to American ingenuity to apply the latest in materials technology to enhance and improve the slate roof—arguably the oldest, most respected roofing method ever devised. SlateTec’s high tech interlayment system not only makes a slate roof that much more “bulletproof”, it dramatically reduces overall roof weight with no compromise in quality. That’s because a SlateTec roof uses only the finest quality slate available: Genuine Vermont S-1 roofing slate, in any Vermont color or blend. It simply uses less of it, up to 40% less, thanks to its unique and patented installation system, created by American engineers.
Re-roof projects and new construction projects alike can save time and money when upgrading to the SlateTec Lightweight Slate Roof System by eliminating the costly structural engineering that’s typically required to support a traditional slate roof.
So, if you want a beautiful natural slate roof on your home, you no longer have to worry about the additional weight and the expense that comes along with it.
Here is a summary of reasons to choose a SlateTec Lightweight Slate Roof System:
- A SlateTec genuine slate roof weighs less than six pounds per square foot! So no additional structural engineering is required.
- SlateTec slate roofing system is made in the USA—from engineering and design, to the American quarries where the slate is sourced.
- SlateTec slate roofs are equal in form and function to traditional slate roofs. Add to this our exclusive interlayment system that reinforces roof integrity and reduces weight.
- The SlateTec patented interlayment is a powerful leak barrier that’s weaved into every course of slate, providing extra protection from leaks—even if a piece of slate is missing.
- We offer all of the classic natural slate colors and blends available on traditional installations, as well as hand-picked custom color blends to match any style home.
You don’t have to settle for anything but the best when it comes to your home. Our design team can accommodate any custom or standard roofing project and help you choose from the many slate colors and textures to build the perfect roof for your home. We offer no obligation, FREE consultations, click here!